How To Respond To/Transfer Customer Inquiries


I walked into this store to make inquiries about a product which I wanted to buy.


I met this young lady, please I want to make inquiries concerning but I was not allowed to complete my statements, she bluntly responded I am not the one in charge. She pointed.


I left and ended up in the wrong place and I was redirected again.


I was already frustrated from moving around and not getting to the right place to get the item, so I walked out.


On my way out I was called back and asked what I wanted and I explained.


Dear business owners and customer service representatives, not all customers would agree to come back if faced with this kind of experience.


Tips To Give Your Customer A Good Experience.


♦️Listen to what they have to say, don’t cut them to bluntly say I am not the one in charge


♦️Give a clear and detailed explanation to where customers can find the requested item. 

E.g 


Move to the left, the item is on the second shelf.


You can find it just at the right corner, it is in the purple basket.


♦️Name the sections or shelves of the products or range of products, this will make finding easy.

 E.g 


Toiletries section.


 Beverages Section.  


Detergent Section


♦️ If transferring to someone else, don’t just point, tell the customer the name of the person they are going to meet for the request.


Please move to the next office, meet Gabriel.


Kindly turn to the left, the second table meet Jennifer, tell her Titi directed you.


♦️ If it is something you can assist, do assist the customer, it won’t be a nice experience for the customer after moving around and still be redirected back to you.


♦️ If it will take a little time to attend to the customer, let the customer know, don’t ignore the customer.

E.g.

Kindly exercise patience.


Please I will be with you as soon as possible.


Please give me two minutes to round up with this customer and I will attend to you.


I hope you find something you can apply to improve your customer experience.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form