Do You Have A Talent You Are Looking Down On Or Taking For Granted


As a child I knew how to type fast on a computer/laptop with both hands without looking at the keyboards/keypads.


At the time I didn't think much of it, because it came naturally to me. When I was about to enter the university, I attended computer training where everyone there was intrigued by my talent. To them this was something they only watched or saw in foreign movies. They all typed with one one finger looking at each single letter on the keyboard, and so they took forever to type, whereas me I would have been done long before them.


So they told me to teach them how to type with their two hands without looking at the keyboard and I did. I remember gisting my Mom about it then, and she asked me why I didn't charge them a token for teaching them what I knew.


At the time I didn't even know I could monetize such. I just took it for granted that, since it was something I was good at, and it came to me naturaIly I could as well teach it for free lol.


Anyways, another opportunity presented itself, when I was doing my Nysc at Nafdac. One of my good friends, told me about a Data Entry work for an agricultural company. The work had shifts, so you could decide to do morning, afternoon or night shifts. Each shift lasted for 3-4 hours, and the only criteria you needed to do the work was to have a laptop. That was all. You didn't need any qualifications whatsoever.


I had a laptop, chose afternoon shift, and so after work from Nadfac each day I went for my Data entry job and put my typing skills to good use.


We were paid weekly and you got paid based on how many datas you entered into the company's database at the end of the week. Everyone's pay was different. So if you are someone that typed fast you get paid more than someone that typed slowly.


There were guys and girls who before being a part of the job, the only thing they did with their laptop was to watch movies and play games, and so they couldn't earn more than data money because of how slow they typed lol.


Anyways I was paid an average of 20k weekly. Add that to my monthly alawee and you could say I was doing well as a corper, and this was over 10 years ago oh.


A talent I had taken for granted initially as something I couldn't earn from, was paying me far more than the combination, of both the 15k I was paid as a corper in Nadfac and the 19,800 from the federal government.


And so I ask you again, do you have a talent you are looking down on or taking for granted❓


I'd also like to know what else you learnt, share with me in the comments below👇🏼


💥 If you found this post useful, don't forget to click like & drop a comment❗


#SmashGlamTouch

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form